Short shorts are short spoken word pieces that are stories from life or from world folk lore.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

The cool thing about listening

The cool thing about listening to a story without looking is that it
provides better visuals than any video.
I include these video clips to show what I mean.
I have the Egg Girl on a podcast as well.
Below is some really nice quality video from Gypsymoon
and some so-so video from your author, N Dooley.
See what you think?



Is it always better to listen without visuals?
I mean given a choice between video
and an audio representation of a story.
Nothing can replace live transmission of story.
[Luddite flare up - better now.]
When the video is flawlessly beautiful like the one
above from gypsymoontellers, perhaps -
yet this performance would be better with a
lively audience I think.

I am interested in a discussion on this.




Close you eyes and listen.
Then watch and listen.
Which is better?
Which will serves our art form best?
Video or audio?
Let's discuss.

No comments: